Saturday 16 July 2011

Now time for the big bad world..

It's been quite a few weeks since I last updated my blog so I thought it was about time to write a new one.

So what's new? University is all over, completely. No more student life, no more exams, no more education. It's only gradually sinking in that I've got a degree and I won't go back in September to an establishment to continue my education.

Graduation took place nearly two weeks ago now. It was a nice occasion, albeit rather brief as it seemed to go so quickly! The ceremony itself was literally only half an hour as I was one of the last people to enter the hall. Following it was the inevitable request for photo after photo from everyone there. Not that I minded though; the only slight disappointment is that I only managed to take around 20 for myself!

Afterwards I went (along with family) to the Forbury hotel..Reading's finest hotel to sample the delights of their afternoon tea. And yes it was rather delightful, the scones and cakes were delicious.

And then that was it. Really it. My experience at Reading was finished for good. Safe to say that 3 of the best years of my life were spent in the town. Some amazing experiences and some amazing people are what made it so special and I've got so many memories to keep with me for the future.

I could probably write a whole lot more to say what I've learnt during my time at university but I'll save that for another time. Perhaps. Don't hold me to it.

Finally, I'm now into the real world now, and as the title of this blog suggests, it's big and bad (the world, not the blog). In an ideal world I'd already have a job as a sports journalist but I'm unfortunately nowhere near that stage as of yet. But I guess it gives me more of a challenge. Who said life was easy? Definitely not me.

So I'm currently teaching at a summer school down in Bournemouth which is quite good fun; it's all rather chaotic and although I don't think teaching's ultimately for me, I'm giving it a good go! Best bit though was definitely some of the kids' leaving ceremony on Friday: not the fact that they were leaving because they were great students, but just the fact that it made James and I feel like true celebrities as we were inundated with demands for photos and signings alike. Now I know how people like JLo feel every day. Come to think of it, bad comparison as I know that feeling all the time but you get my point.

That'll do for now then, plenty more to say but that's for another time...oo the suspense! I'm sure you'll survive, although it could be rather exciting.....X

No comments:

Post a Comment