Sunday 7 August 2011

It is the summer of 2011..

A few weeks have passed since the last venture onto my blog so I thought it was about time to update things.

The summer teaching job which I had is now all finished. I worked for over four weeks which at times felt like they would never end but others weren't so bad! All in all it was a great experience, and it was enjoyable most of the time. These summer schools can be quite hectic, not only dealing with the kids but making sure the lessons are relatively entertaining too and ensuring everyone's happy. Luckily my ability as a stand-up is improving all the time so in seconds they're always in fits of laughter. Yes..really (laughing, not having fits).

Since I finished that it's been a relatively quiet, relaxing time..as summer should be. Had the pleasure of going down to Portsmouth to see a few friends and to see how much it had changed since my departure which seems an eternity ago now..well it is nearly a year. There was nothing really to report, aside from the fact the old Donnay shop is now a Jamie's Italian. See, Pompey's getting classy.

These last few days have seen the #jloweekend take place. Yes this was to do with jlo (the real one) but it wasn't quite a weekend but it felt like one so it was one. If that makes sense at all. Basically I had the pleasure of hosting Jess, Hannah, James and Gavin for much amusement in and around my local area. Luckily the weather held too so we managed to do all the delights of the area like go to the seaside, see some ponies in the New Forest, and sample Bournemouth on a Friday night.

Much to everyone's amazement I also ate fish and chips..as you do when you're by the sea. Now I'm not going to go into a long essay, suffice to say the only thing I eat from salt water is cod. And with chips that's fine. All other types of fish or seafood can live as far down in the sea as possible and never surface. Seriously it makes me feel ill just thinking about all the other fish. True story. Dat.

James, Gavin, Jess and Hannah on the beach for the #jloweekend
Finally, the job hunt is still continuing, applications and C.Vs have gone off in various directions across the country but to no avail as of yet. I'll keep trying. As I said in a previous post, life isn't meant to be easy. I like a challenge. Just like my army days. But nothing will beat the front line in 'nam all those years ago.  This job thing will be a piece of cake. Just a bloody hard one to cut into.

Ciao for now X

No comments:

Post a Comment