Friday 17 June 2011

Uni's almost over...

So, as you can tell from the title, my university experience here in Reading is about to come to a close. Four years packed full of so many memories has reached the end.

Exams have now been and gone and are firmly a thing of the past. It's now three weeks since I did my last one and yesterday I got my result (a 2:1). Was very nervous for about half an hour before I went and got them but in the end it was all a bit of a let down. First I went to the wrong place, then just saw my name on a piece of paper and that was it. No fancy colours, to be honest it was a tad disappointing. And there was no one else around. It was odd.

Is a 2:1 what I wanted? In a word yes, obviously a first would have been great but being realistic, I think that it's a fair outcome and I'm happy with it.

This now ends my university chapter in life, and it's now time to move on to the next challenge - a job. I've already applied to one and had a rejection but I think I would have been extremely lucky to get offered something after my first application. Although hopefully I won't be getting used to the rejection feeling too many times over the next few months. Fingers crossed.

I've already been getting some experience already in media which is what I want to go into. Thanks to the Reading Post, I got 3 weeks' work to give me a feel of what I ought to get used to. Got my name in the paper a few times as well which is always nice and no doubt my first steps to stardom. Soon I'll be on that idol show. Or whatever it is on itv these days. I reckon that's the pinnacle of anyone's life.

If you do want to see some of my work (and let's face it, have you really got anything better to do right now?) then here's the link:  
http://www.getreading.co.uk/search/hpsbq/10/1/112/Jonathan%20Low/%23

I've also got some teaching coming up, and also some more experience at a couple of other papers over the summer post-uni, as well as hopefully a trip to France so I'll be pretty busy. And that's along with applying for as many jobs as possible in the hope that I get chosen. It's like Willy Wonka (sort of), and I'm the golden ticket, someone just needs to find me.

Finally, there's the annual Reading Uni Summer Ball tonight to look forward to. Judging by recent weather it's going to be a pretty sodden affair but I'm sure Ellie Goulding will hot things up. I'm pretty honoured to be seeing her for the second time in a matter of months having spotted her in Q bar in town. Also, if she's good enough to play for the Queen and co I'm sure she'll get a good reception here. (No champagne though or whatever royalty have these days).

That'll do for now then. Any comments/feedback much appreciated as always.

Have a good weekend! X

No comments:

Post a Comment