Monday 9 May 2011

The fun and games have started...

It's been while since I last updated this blog, so I thought it was about time to blog again.

So, the Easter holidays are now very much in the past, and the summer term here at uni is already flying by. Into week three already and the prospect of finishing my time in Reading is starting to sink in.

Anyway, as my title suggests, the fun and games of exams started today for me. It was my first of five exams, and my last ever French language one. All of the past three and a half years work on the French language culminated in the three hour exam this morning. It certainly didn't go as I hoped it would, but there you go, what's done is done! I still do not see much use in writing a story from a comic book in future life and it was definitely far from comic earlier on today.

I call this period fun and games because it is exactly what it is. Secretly, I reckon people actually enjoy doing exams, everyone gets together and learns stuff, it's certainly not revision. And the exams themselves, it makes great convo, asking each other what questions did you do, saying that you never want to go near a book or the library ever again, or even, that was just the best two hours of my life. Add to that the weather's nice and Bob's your uncle (for some of you I realise, not all).

Other than exam stuff, there's not been too much else going on. Good to see all the Royal Wedding stuff has died down now, although I'm still waiting for the discounted tea-towels. I need one to add to my collection. Or even start it. Football season is coming to an exciting conclusion as well; very nice to see Reading still competing post season and looking forward to hopefully seeing them in the play-off Wembley. It would be perfect end to my time here at uni in Reading, so is it, in the words of Tinie Tempah, 'written in the stars, a million miles away?' I wonder..no I hope!

I won't go any more into football, since it may not appeal to all, but if you are interested in reading my thoughts further on my local teams, I'd like to point you in the direction of my other blog which I have just started up:
http://footballblog.co.uk/author/jonathanl50

Right think that will do for now, enjoy the summer and good luck with exams if you're in the middle of them! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment